Home / International Competition / Audition
First round. Audition.
Auditions will be held at the following audition centers:
1. USA, NJ - November 11, 2018 at Westminster Conservatory at Rider University, 101 Walnut Lane, Princeton NJ 08540;
2. USA, NJ - November 25, 2018 at Caldwell University, 120 Bloomfield Avenue, Caldwell, NJ, 07006, Music department at Visceglia Hall);
3. USA, NY - November 18, 2018 at "244 Rehearsal studios" at 244 West 54th Street, Manhattan, New York, NY 10019;
4. USA, PA - November18, 2018 at Cairn University, Music building, 200 Manor Avenue, Langhorne, PA 19047;
5. USA, PA - December 02, 2018 at Jacobs Music, 1718 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103;
6. USA, MA - November 18, 2018 at Sharon Music Academy, 112 North Main Street, Sharon, MA 02067;
7. USA, MI - November 17, 2018 at Music department of Madonna University, 36600 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, MI 48150;
8. USA, WA - November 18, 2018 at Chopin Academy of Music, 58 Front Street N, Suite 200, Issaquah, WA 98027;
9. USA, CA - November 18, 2018 at Pacific Institute of Music, 540 Plaza Dr Suite 130, Folsom, CA 95630;
10. Canada, BC - November 22-25, 2018 at Tom Lee Music City Stage, 728 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC;
11. Canada, ON - November 22-24, 2018 at Euromusic Centre, 2651 John Street, Unit 8, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 2W5;
12. Canada, ON - November 16, 2018 at Steinway Piano Gallery Ottawa, 1481 Innes Rd, Gloucester, ON K1B 1C5;
13. Canada, AB - November 16, 2018 at Steinway Piano Gallery Calgary, 76 Heritage Gate SE, Calgary, AB T2H 3A7;
14. Canada, QC - December 2, 2018 at Université de Montréal, Location de la salle Jean-Papineau-Couture (B-421);
15. Seoul, Korea - December 1, 2018 at ABRSM Korea Centre716 Eonjuro Gangnam-gu Seoul Korea 06058
ABRSM 한국센터 (06058) 서울시 강남구 언주로 716
16. Italy, Padua - November 12-14, 2018 at Padua Conservatory, Via Eremitani 18, 35121 Padova PD, Italy;17. Online Video Applications - December 12, 2018
Students who cannot attend live auditions, may provide a link to a video of the their performance on YouTube or another video sharing service.
Videos must be in one continuous shot, without edits. Artistic maturity.
Participants may apply for auditions as many times as they like. One composition is considered one entry.
Please note that audition format doesn't permit presence of parents, or teachers.
Deadline to apply for live auditions is November 1st, 2018
Deadline to submit a video for auditions is December 10th, 2018
- Once the application processed you will receive a login and a temporary password to your profile at https://crescendoregistration.org/login.
- Your applications status will be available in your profile under Active applications,
- We will send you an email reminder to check your applications for assigned times a weep prior scheduled audition dates.
- No cuts allowed at the audition performances.
There is no strict time limit imposed at the auditions, but the judge may interrupt the performance. For the second round (recital performance) you may shorten the composition to avoid the extra time fee.
There is no requirement to have an accompanist at the auditions although it is preferred.
For the Second Round - Winners Recitals - all compositions requiring an accompaniment must be performed with accompaniment.
If you need an accompanist we can give recommendations, you can make arrangements with them directly.
Participants have to memorize their part, accompanists may use music sheets.
Small ensembles may use music sheets. Duets must perform from memory.
All contestants must wear proper attire.
Audition results will be uploaded to your profile within 7-10 days after the auditions. To download the evaluation form click on the assigned place.
Link to register for second round will be available in your active applications for eligible entries.
- Audition fee is not refundable.
- Late applilcations will be accepted for 10 days after the deadline with a late of $50 USD/per student.
- If you have any questions about the auditions at your location, please contact Crescendo Competitions local representatives: https://www.crescendocompetition.org/global.
- Crescendo Competitions, Inc. may distribute informational or promotional material, both electronic and printed, to the parents of current and/or prospective students. These materials include, but are not limited to, newsletters, promotional brochures, development publications, regional, national, or international advertisements, and the company’s World Wide Web site. Please contact the main office of the competition to opt out: firstname.lastname@example.org