Home / International Competition / General Information
Crescendo International Music Competition is a youth musical competition held annually since 2007.
We will be holding competitions in various establishments throughout USA, Canada, Europe and Asia from November 2018 to February 2019.
There will be two rounds in Crescendo Int. Competition.
- First round - Auditions (Live auditions or video recording evaluation). Based on the performance Judges assigned a score that determines contestant's placement. Evaluation also includes written comments and recommendations.
Students who cannot attend live auditions, may provide a link to a video of the their performance on YouTube or another video sharing service.
Videos must be in one continuous shot, without edits. Artistic maturity.
Students may enter to the competition more than once (performing on different instrument/voice, or as a member on ensemble).
- Second round - Winners' recital. First, Second and Third place winners will be invited to perofrm in Weill recital, or Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall, New York.
- Recitals at Rockport Music Recital Hall in Rockport, MA are open for First, Second and Third place achievers.
The Certificates and Cash prizes will be awarded to students at the end of recital.
Decisions on monetary rewards are based on accumulated audition score, composition complexity and contestant's artistic maturity. Rewards might be suspended due poor performance.
First place winners with score 27 and higher may apply for International Student Exchange Program 2019 that will be held in Osaka, Japan, or Vienna, Austria.
Teachers with five, or more students who achieved First and Second Place honors will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
To recognize outstanding teachers we proudly announce Teacher Appreciation Awards 2019:
- Teacher of the Year (10 awards)
- Crescendo Educator Award (10 Awards)
- “My favorite Teacher” Award (10 Awards)
Teachers’ award includes Certificate and Monetary Reward.
Crescendo Competitions is a non profit organization which operates exclusively for educational purposes and students who have participated in Crescendo International Competition for five (5) years may qualify for a Letter of Recommendation for College/ University. Letters of recommendation from Crescendo International Competition are accepted at various Colleges and Universities across US.