Home / International Competition / General Information
Crescendo International Music Competition is a youth music competition held annually since 2007.
We will be holding competitions in various establishments throughout the USA, Canada, Europe, and Asia from November 2019 to February 2020.
There will be two rounds in Crescendo Int. Competition.
- First round - Auditions (Live auditions or video recording evaluation). Based on the performance Judges assigned a score that determines contestant's placement. Evaluation also includes written comments and recommendations.
Students who cannot attend live auditions may provide a link to a video of their performance on YouTube or another video sharing service.
Videos must be in one continuous shot, without edits. Artistic maturity.
Students may enter the competition more than once (performing on different instruments or as vocalists, or as a member on ensemble).
- Second round - Winners' recitals. First Place Honors will be invited to perform in Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall, New York.
- First and Second Place Honors will be invited to perform in Weill Recital Hall of Carnegie Hall.
- Recitals at TBA in New York, NY are open for First, Second and Third place achievers.
- Eligible winners will have a link to register for the recitals in the active applications and will have to choose one recital to perform in.
The Certificates and small Cash prizes will be awarded to students at the end of recital.
Decisions on monetary rewards are based on accumulated audition score, composition complexity and contestant's artistic maturity. Rewards might be suspended due to poor performance.
Winners of Grand Prizes will be announced at the end of February 2020.
First place winners with scores 27 and higher may apply for International Student Exchange Program 2020 that will be held in Osaka, Japan, or Vienna, Austria.
Teachers with five, or more students who achieved First and Second Place honors will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
To recognize outstanding teachers we proudly announce Teacher Appreciation Awards 2020:
- Teacher of the Year (10 awards)
- Crescendo Educator Award (10 Awards)
- “My favorite Teacher” Award (10 Awards)
Teachers’ award includes Certificate and Monetary Reward.
Crescendo Competitions is a non profit organization which operates exclusively for educational purposes and students who have participated in Crescendo International Competition for five (5) years may qualify for a Letter of Recommendation for College/ University. Letters of recommendation from Crescendo International Competition are accepted at various Colleges and Universities across US.